Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bondi Beach!!!


Last week was pretty uneventful... but we stayed two nights in Bondi over the weekend. There was no class on Friday so we went to the hotel. No beach though because of rain. It didn't rain on Saturday, but unfortunately the weather was still pretty windy and cold, which makes for some pretty choppy surf. Some friends came down to surf as well and let me borrow a wetsuit so I decided to brave it. They're a lot more experienced than me... I couldn't even get out past the breaking waves! I was completely defeated. At least I got a good upper body workout.

Sam Running and I were told there was a church service on the beach so we asked all over on Saturday night and no one seemed to know anything. I was pretty upset about it. But Easter Sunday was beautiful and I thanked Him for how blessed I am. I rented a wetsuit and took my board out for a surf and soon I hear these sirens go off. I wasn't really sure what it meant and didn't see other surfers reacting to it so I just kept surfing. Usually they sound an alarm or make an announcement when the current it strong so I thought it was probably that. Those sirens went off about three or four times. Eventually I got tired and made it back to the beach where my friends told me they were shark sirens!!! Yeah, I said SHARK. I'm not sure why no one was getting out of the water. Anyway, I survived with all of my limbs.

Tomorrow I'm getting together with my History partner to start working on our History presentation. He is French, I am from America and we are supposed to give an in depth presentation about Aboriginal Genocide. We can hardly understand each other and no next to nothing about Australian history so this should be interesting. So today I'm going to the library to get a little head start.

NOTE: I haven't mentioned what a Tim Tam Slam is... Tim Tams are these rectangle chocolate coated sandwich cookies that are usually eaten with tea or a hot drink. To do a Tim Tam Slam you bite off a small part of two opposite corners of the cookie and put one corner in your mouth and one corner in the hot drink. You then suck on it like a straw until you feel the liquid come through the cookie. The Tim Tam starts to melt really fast so you have to 'slam' it in your mouth. This is the best part- the cookie melts like butter in your mouth and is like mushy chocolate heaven. I'm obsessed and will be bringing this tradition home with me.

No comments: