Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Workin' It

I finally started at DesignStreet! Yesterday (Monday) I started walking to my internship a little after 8am. My boss had been on vacation and didn't come in until 4, so they really didn't know what to do with me. All morning I read the manuals and learned the computer programs. It didn't take me long to realize that all those classes at Mizzou actually DID teach me something! Today was a little better. My boss, Graham, was still busy catching up from the week before so he couldn't do much with me, but Alex let me work on some jobs with her. Nothing exciting yet, just entering data into the computer. They did start me on answering phones- "Good morning, DesignStreet, Kristine speaking..." It wasn't so bad. They had me making phone calls to suppliers by the end of the day. Graham said this was their slowest week in a long time, so there should be more to do next week.

Everyone in the office except Graham and Dan are under 26 years old. I have a little office/large cubicle next to Brooke and Martin, the account managers, and they are constantly giving me songs to download and ideas of places to go. It's a pretty fun environment.

1 comment:

HerFormerCoach said...

My daughter should be wearing more clothes.(LOL) But it appears she is still working out some.