Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Put some shrimp on the barbie!

G'Day!

I just haven't felt like writing in my blog lately so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Last Thursday I went to my first ever toga party. Yes, I'm a terrible American college student. I somehow managed to make a decent looking toga from my pink checkered bed sheet and we made our way to the campus bar. I couldn't get over that this bar is right next to the library here, while at home we have a DRY campus! Anyway, we get there and EVERYONE is dressed in togas... good fun. Except this one guy who was pranked and told by his friends that it was a YOGA party... he wore a yoga instructor outfit! haha

Saturday night the girls and I went over to a friends of a friends house, where we met some Aussies for a barbeque. They fed us salad, lamb, steak, sausage, wine... amazing. We showed them flip cup (for those of you who knows what that is) and it got pretty intense. Raychel and Jonty had like 5 championships, because they're crazy like that! They like their competitions here. Then we actually called it an early night.

Raychel and I went to another waterpolo match Sunday at a different pool. Let me tell you, we are getting pretty savvy with the sport. Afterward there was live music by Jonty, a friend I met through work, and his brother so we stayed around for that. We finally befriended some Aussie girls, too, who are just beautiful!

The last two days of my internship have been pretty good. We have a new account manager with us now, Tracey, so I'm not the new girl anymore! It's really kind of hard to explain what my tasks are because they are different everyday. I enter a lot of jobs into the data base, type reports up, check/write emails about art changes... that kind of thing.

Cheers!

No comments: