Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I got inspired to write in my blog tonight because I'm listening to my new music playlist at the moment. Got a bunch of new Australian songs to remember the trip... a lot of House (electronica) music. Really gets you fired up. I like to listen to it while I walk to work, the only problem is that it makes me walk really fast so by the time I get there I'm sweating. haha

Speaking of work, I talked with Graham (yesterday was my last day of my internship) and he's asked me to stay on until I leave. I'll be a paid employee about 20 hours a week... might as well, don't have much else to do and I could use the money! Plus I finally feel like I have the hang of things. I applied for my work visa and tax number last night so I'm starting Friday.

Last Friday Raychel's dad arrived to hang out in Sydney for a week. Mr. Duitch took us girls to dinner and we had the best Barramundi (a light white fish) and (drumroll) some orgasmic chocolate mousse. It was actually called "famousse." We rolled out of the restaurant. Then Raych, Sam, and I went to Orbit bar, this place on the 46th floor of a building that rotated. You sit by the window and slowly rotate so you end up seeing all parts of the city lit up at night. Pretty cool. Pretty expensive. So we could only afford one drink...haha. That's the nice thing about not having any cover. You can go to these ritzy places, feel like a millionnaire and buy the cheapest thing on the menu.

I went to another rugby game last Saturday night to watch Sydney vs S. Africa. I was with the S. Africans so we were rooting for them, but they lost pretty terribly. It was a packed stadium, and I think we had the loudest chick sitting right behind me. It literally severed my eardrum. The boys were in a pretty bad mood after the loss...

We are pretty psyched for the Sex and the City premier next weekend! It's also roomie Sam's 21st bday. It's going to be a packed weekend! They say that every girl in a group of friends can identify with a Sex character, but our group REALLY fits. We have four girls, the same personalities and hair colors as our characters. We'll probably dress up and go out for drinks before the show, I can't wait! More about our escapades later...

No comments: