Saturday, June 7, 2008

A little work, a little Sex, a little birthday cake




After applying for the working visa, my tax file number, and a bank account, I've started working as a paid employee at DesignStreet! Next week I will happily welcome my first income in 4 months! Much needed! They've had me helping Brooke with her jobs since she's so busy, so I really feel like I'm helpful now.

Last week was also my final week of classes. I'm sad to say my grades haven't been to the par I'm used to, but fortunately they only transfer as pass/fail. I completed my intern 3000 word paper and gave my presentation on Friday. It went really well, I didn't realize how much I had learned and how proud I was to be working on all those projects! I took in the Sony Vaio computers catalogue we finished recently to show... I'm so proud to say I had a part in that! I had so much to say about DesignStreet during my presentation that I actually went over my time limit. They didn't stop me, so hopefully that meant that it was interesting. I had to improvise a little because I made my powerpoint on a Mac and they only had PCs, so none of my images, including the client logo list, showed up. I still think it was one of the best presentations I've given though.

Friday the girls and I went to Sex and the City!!! We had talked it up for so long and I am happy to say it was EVERYTHING it was cracked up to be! All the loose ends were tied (I won't give details in case some of you haven't seen it) and the world is at peace. It was just one of those nights when you are so thankful for your girlfriends... all you girls from Sigtown and Mizzou- you are the BEST!

Today is my roomie's (Sam A) 21st birthday so last night we went to a club in Sydney called 'Tank.' This place was NUTS! Really a lot of fun. We all dressed up, and I was finally able to wear my blue dress I bought at fashion week! We felt like a million bucks. Sam and I were like machines on the dance floor, we danced 20 billion songs in a row, just one of those nights that we had SO much energy! So funny- she woke up this morning and was like 'Kristine my legs are actually sore!' hahahaha! For her actual birthday this morning, we went to Pancakes on the Rocks for some appetizers and chocolate pancakes... We all literally rolled out of the restaurant.

Now I have to study for two final exams... one is on friday and the other on... drumroll... gasp.... Saturday! Can you believe it?! An exam on a Saturday! I know, I was floored! But at least I'll be done with school. Then off to Byron Bay for 4 days. Jonty and I went surfing yesterday and I was pounded by the waves. It was really windy and choppy and the waves were big. I almost caught a couple and then bailed at the last minute out of absolute fear. I've just started thinking too much and when you hesitate for one minute in surfing you get blasted. I need to go back to the basics on some smaller ones again to get my confidence back. I'll take the board to Byron, maybe a couple more times before I leave with Jonty, and then I have to sell it back. They told me I get half back, some welcomed cash for China!

I'm starting to realize that I'm leaving soon... I'm not too sad about the girls, because they'll all be back at Mizzou. But there are a few other people who will be VERY missed.

The pics are of the girls out on the town for Sam's Bday, and the inside of DesignStreet. The desk on the far right behind Tracy is mine!

No comments: