Monday, May 19, 2008

Stress is over... for now

Last Friday I finally finished all my mid-terms! I had the laziest weekend of all time... I'm mean, I slept in on Saturday morning and didn't see the light of day. I watched DVDs until 5, at which point it started getting dark. hehe Friday night we had gone to a Mexican restaurant for a birthday party and then dancing afterward. The whole back patio had been rented out for about 40 guests, but the Mexican experience was lacking compared to what I'm used to in the US. Usually the food is cheap, the margs are flowing, and the chips and salsa are free... not the case here. It rare to even find a Mexican restaurant here. That is one thing I'm dying for!

Saturday night I went to a going away party for a girl on the waterpolo team. I've been training occasionally with the girls team just to learn a new sport and have met some great girls. Her house was amazing, a huge piece of land with horses and a recently finished mansion. They cupcakes, snacks, and drinks just kept coming. There were several rooms that the party flowed into; one with a pool table, one with a dance floor, the patio area, etc. It was pretty amazing.

This week is my last full week at Designstreet. Today I am going in a little late because I went to an internship seminar on networking. The lady that spoke was from IBM and gave some valuable info, but I always feel a little panicky after these seminars. I do feel more confident in my professional abilities after this internship though. I will be organizing a meeting with Graham for next week to discuss my progress and possibly get a letter of recommendation for the future. I imagine he will be one of my most valuable contacts, as he has clients at American Express, Sony, etc.

I'm looking forward to my last little trip to Byron Bay to get a good surf in before I leave for China July 2nd. I'm meeting Sam R up there for 4 days...

Cheers!

No comments: