Monday, February 25, 2008

The Blue Mountains


Yesterday we started out our day at 5:15 to catch the bus to Sydney. Yet again I was floored by another random act of kindness by our city bus driver. Sam and I didn't know how to get to central station by bus, so when the driver let everyone off at a stop he quickly turned off the bus and took us down a block to show us the way. He actually left his bus for us! Anyway, we first visited Sydney Olympic Park. I was able to take a picture under the site of the Olympic flame. Then we made our way to the mountains where we saw several waterfalls, climbed well over 1000 steps, rode the world's steepest rail car (that had no seatbelts by the way), and saw the Three Sisters rock formation. It was a tremendous amount of walking, but well worth it.

If you asked me what Kangaroo means I'd now have to say 'I don't know.' Our tour guide said that the English asked the Aboriginees what they called this new animal and they said 'Kangara'. So they eventually turned the word into what we know as kangaroo. Many years later we discovered that 'kangara' in Aboriginee means 'I don't know' so technically the kangaroo's name is 'I don't know'. Did you get all that?

Today I talked to the internship department about options and was a little disappointed. Only one of them was any good, so I'm looking into other ad agencies on my own in case it doesn't work out.

No comments: